Sunday, November 6, 2011

I need advice about my psychiatrist visits & my medication?

OK so I started to see a psychiatrist about 5 months ago for my OCD and anxiety. I am now taking 20 mg of Cipralex daily. But I don't feel as though it is working for my OCD that much. The only reason that I like the medication is b/c there are no side effects, but there is no decrease in my OCD (my OCD is moderate by the way). I feel that my overall anxiety has been helped though, like I feel less tense and haven't been talking anxiety attacks. I only see my psychiatrist once a month, and we do not really do any therapy. Just talk about my medication & such. I haven't seen him in almost 2 months as of now, and I was just wondering if this is normal? Perhaps the meds are not really working because it should really be in conjunction with therapy ??? I'm not sure. Advice please.

No comments:

Post a Comment